How to Make Nail Polish Thinner at Home
If you have left your nail polish unused for a while, you might have realized that the nail polish had clumped together and became very thick and difficult to apply on the nails evenly and smoothly. Well, instead of throwing it away, you might as well use a nail polish thinner to make it as smooth as normal. Yes, they are available at any beauty salons, but, how about this ‘A penny saved is a penny earned’.
Steps for Making Nail Polish Thinner
Follow these simple steps to make your own nail polish thinner:
- To make a polish thinner, you need two things – orange oil and a solvent.
- Choose any solvent of your choice to make the nail polish thinner. Your options can be shellite, acetone or any other solvent. However, make sure that you do not mix two solvents together as it might be ineffective.
- Once you have chosen your solvent, add orange oil to it. The orange oil is considered to be wonderful for making the nail polish smooth, and at the same time, it covers up for the solvents scent. If you are taking one portion of solvent, mix it equally with one portion of orange oil.
- Adding orange oil is not that necessary. So, if you do not have orange oil do not go about running around the town to get some. You can also use nail polish remover to thin the nail polish.
- Add a reasonably small amount of solvent and orange oil mixture to the clumped nail polish. Start by adding only a few drops of the mixture, and when required, add more.
- Close the lid of the nail polish remover and shake it well. After about 10 minutes remove the nail brush and check for consistency. If it is not smooth, add few more drops of the mixture and shake well.
- Paint one nail and wait until it dries completely, if you are happy with the consistency, apply the nail polish to all your other nails.
It is easy to make nail polish thinner. Take out all those clumped polishes of yours and make them thinner. Why waste money on new nail polishes when you can reuse your old ones at the same consistency?