How to do a Pedicure
Pedicure is the lavish gift you can offer to your feet. A well groomed feet reflects the overall beauty and personality of a woman. They bear the whole body weight and they too deserve grooming and beauty treatments. But how to do a pedicure by yourselves regularly may be your query. Yes, you can perform pedicure by yourselves which can save both money and time in parlors.
To make your feet feel pretty, learn these below pedicure steps on how to do a pedicure.
How to do a Pedicure?
Equipment you need
- Cotton balls
- Acetone remover
- Warm water
- Mild foot soap
- Toenail clippers
- Absorbent clean towels
- Cuticle cream
- Nail filer
- Cuticle pusher
- Cotton swab
- Damp washcloths
- Foot scrub
- Nail polish
- Witch hazel
- Remove all the nail polish traces from the toenails. Take some acetone nail enamel remover into a cotton ball and clean the toenails. See to it that the nail polish is completely vanished from the nails.
- Take a tub and fill it with warm water. The size of the tub should be enough to fit both your feet. Add a few drops of liquid soap and keep your feet for some time. Foot soaps have antibacterial and moisturizing properties.
- Let your feet soak for about 10 – 15 minutes in the tub. It helps in disinfecting and softening the feet. If you want your feet to become softer, then soak them for more time.
- Now the next step is to clean each and every toenail, especially their underneath. Use can use either a toenail scrub brush or a cleaning tool along with soap water. With the scrub brush, you can brush the nails back and forth by sliding it. Whereas the cleaning tool is pointed towards one end and has a hook to the other end. You can use the pointed end to remove the dirt from the white area of the nail by sliding it gently. The hook can be utilized to remove dirt from the corners of the nails.
- Take out the feet from the tub and wipe them with a clean absorbent towel. Using toenail clippers, clip the nails straight. Do not cut the nails too short than the skin line. Use the nail filer to remove any irregular edges.
- Take cuticle cream in a cotton swab and apply to the nail cuticles. Later massage the toenails using the fingertips.
- Take a cuticle pusher and gently push back the cuticles. Pushing back the cuticles against the skin gives the toenails a neat look.
- Rub the lower legs, ankles and foot with a foot scrub. Take a good amount of the scrub and focus more on the heels and the balls of the feet. This exfoliating scrub removes the callused and dead skin.
- Using a damp cotton cloth, wipe the excess foot scrub and pat dry your feet. Apply a moisturizer and massage the lower leg, ankles and feet. Massage till the skin absorbs the complete lotion.
- Soak a cotton ball in witch hazel and using it wipe away each toenail to take away the excess lotion, scrub and creams. Use cotton balls or a foam pedicure separator to keep a distance between each of the toes.
- Choose your favorite nail color and apply a thin coat of it on each toe. Follow it with a second coat. On top of the two coats, apply a coating of clear coat polish, as this adds shine and protects the nails. Leave the nails for about half an hour for the nail polish to dry.
Help your feet look more beautiful by showcasing them with a beautiful anklet, stylish footwear, tattoos or even a toe ring. Hope this article on how to do a pedicure helped you a lot. You can now go ahead with the right pedicure.