How to Take Off Acrylic Nails Without Acetone
Acrylic nails are the artificial nails applied to natural nails to give a beautiful and appealing look. They are considered to be safe, provided they are applied by an expert. When it comes time to take off acrylic nails, many of us face problems. One should know the correct way of removing acrylic nails in order to avoid seriously damaging the natural nail. If you want to remove them without acetone, there is a method.
Here are the requirements and the method for removing acrylic nails without acetone:
- Hand towels
- Large bowl
- Nail polish remover (acetone free)
- Orange sticks
- Petroleum jelly
- Nail buffer and nail filer
- Spread a sheet of newspaper on the surface where you will be working on your nails. Take a large bowl and fill it with nail polish remover. Fill it to a point where you can easily soak your fingertips. Apply petroleum jelly to your nail tips and cuticles and soak them in the bowl.
- Soak the nails for about 20 minutes in the solution and see to it that you do not dip your entire hand. The acrylic starts softening and dissolving.
- Scrape off the acrylic with the help of orange sticks and wipe using a towel. If the acrylic gel does not come off, soak your fingertips again in the solution and scrape off the acrylic using orange sticks. Be careful that you will not scrape the nail surface.
- Once done, wash your hands using warm water and wipe them with a clean towel. With the help of nail buffer, remove any residues of acrylic present on the nails. Apply moisturizing lotion to the nails and hands.
Some other methods to take off acrylic nails
Here are some other alternatives to remove acrylic nails without acetone:
- You can soak your nails in alcohol for removing the acrylic. This takes about a half an hour.
- Instead of using acetone, you can go for commercially available products that are acetone free removers. They help in easy breakdown of acrylic glue from the natural nails.
- Some people try to use hot water for removing acrylic nails. This method is not as effective and takes a long time for removal.
This is how to take off acrylic nails without acetone. One thing you need to remember is scraping away the acrylic nails should be done with patience and care.